I’ve never been so busy. I mean never, ever in my life.
But I’m more than grateful to William Maxwell for sending me a preview of “Time to be Proud”. I’ve 5 tracks of new versions of some classic ’80’s punk/new wave songs which have been uplifting to hear. Here is the track listing:
- Radio On performed by Paul (ex Lunitic Fringe). It’s a classic Rudi song. This version is made even better with my voice, Ivan Martin and Mike Edgar’s voices mixed in … oh and John Peel, too
- I can only Dream – Protex song performed by Katie and the Carnival – fantastic re-imagining and performance.
- One by One – performing the wonderful Ruefrex song – much as I loved the original, I think this adds even more
- and John D’Arcy doing Star Jets’ “War Stories”. Cannot shake it out of my head. Well done young John.
- Visions of Hooley by Acme Ltd
There is more to come. 36 songs; are they all re-versioning and re-imagining some classic NI tunes?
Can’t wait to get (yes I’ll even buy) the full CD.
There is a gig on 30 April in Oh Yeah. Much as I prefer to stay in at night, these days, but this is one event that I will go to.